ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL TEMPERATURES ON THE FREQUENCY AND STRUCTURAL CHARACTERISTICS OF VIOLATIONS OF TRAFFIC RULES

I. N. Yakunin1

JSC «Biotechalliance», Moscow, Russia

1e-mail: Yakunin21@yandex.ru

A. F. Fattakhova2, E. V. Yakunina3, O. I. Shapovalova4

Orenburg State University, Orenburg, Russia

2e-mail: alm-fed@mail.ru

3e-mail: L311285@yandex.ru

4e-mail: olga76.shapovalova@yandex.ru

Abstract. In the hot season, there is a positive relationship between the number of accidents per thousand registered vehicles and air temperature, due to the fact that high temperatures and solar activity can have a significant negative impact on the condition of drivers. As a rule, the creation of an emergency is preceded by a violation of traffic rules. Therefore, the identification of the type and number of violations committed by drivers at high ambient temperatures is relevant.

The purpose of the work is to assess the impact of high ambient temperatures on the structure and frequency of traffic violations.

Based on a literature review, the article states that at present there is no methodology for assessing the impact of high ambient temperatures on the characteristics of traffic violations.

As an information platform, data from the Wialon — GPS/Glonass system are used, which allow you to objectively assess the characteristics of driving activity and the number of traffic violations. The work uses methods of mathematical statistics.

The main result of the work, which constitutes the scientific novelty of the study, is the revealed increasing dependence of the total number of traffic violations on the average monthly ambient temperature. The structure of such violations is determined. The most significant, based on the impact on the accident rate, violations are: exceeding the speed limit and abrupt and dangerous maneuvers. It has been found that the total number of violations of the rules increases during periods with high ambient temperatures by 94% compared to months with moderate temperatures. The largest number of violations consists in exceeding the speed limit — 97.8% of their total number.

The practical significance of the work consists in obtaining objective information about accidents at high ambient temperatures, on the basis of which it becomes possible to develop organizational and technological measures aimed at improving road safety.

The areas of further research are related to the creation of an information platform for theoretical and methodological tools aimed at preventing high accidents of road transport in the hot season.

Key words: road transport, environment, road safety, ambient temperature, speed limit, violation of traffic rules.

Cite as: Yakunin, I. N., Fattakhova, A. F., Yakunina, E. V., Shapovalova, O. I. (2022) [Assessing the impact of high environmental temperatures on the frequency and structural characteristics of violations of traffic rules]. Intellekt. Innovatsii. Investitsii [Intellect. Innovations. Investments]. Vol. 2, pp. 115–126, https://doi.org/10.25198/2077-7175-2022-2-115.