https://doi.org/10.25198/2077-7175-2019-8-145

ANALYSIS OF PROTECTION METHODS OF PAINT COATING RESTORED AFTER REPAIR OF CAR BODY

I.Н. Khasanov1, V.I. Rassokha2

Orenburg State University, Orenburg, Russia

1e-mail: hasanovilgiz1@yandex.ru

2e-mail: cabin2012@yandex.ru

D.G. Nevolin

Ural State University of Communication Routes, Yekaterinburg, Russia

e-mail: innotrans@mail.ru

Abstract. The relevance of the study is determined by the importance of preventive measures aimed at increasing the service life of the car body. The purpose of the study is to justify the use of one of the possible methods of protecting the paint coating of the repaired car body during its operation. The main damages of passenger car bodies are considered, the reasons for their occurrence are analyzed. Their analysis showed that the most common among the damage and causes of damage to the bodies of passenger cars are wear and poor quality repair, especially related to the restoration of paint coatings of the body. Analysis of defects of repair paint coating of bodies during operation was performed. The main operational damages of paint coatings of repaired car bodies include: swelling of paint coating, wear of paint, deviation of part color due to scratches, prints on wet paint, too soft coating, spots from resin and bitumen, scratches as a result of mechanical damages, scratches from washing. Sketches of investigated defects are presented and reasons for their occurrence are specified. Most defects of repaired bodies occurred during the first weeks of operation, presumably due to insufficient hardness of paint coating caused either by various errors in repair technology or early post-repair operation with not fully cured paint coating. The hardness of the protective coating of the repaired body was studied in accordance with GOST R 54586-2011 (ISO 15184:1998). It has been suggested that it is necessary to protect the paint coating of the restored car body during the initial post-repair operational period. Modern methods of protection of the body paint coating and, using a priori ranking of factors, revealed the most effective among them - the method of application of latex film, which has the following main advantages: small thickness, different color gamut, application by spraying method, absence of traces during removal, exclusion of damage of paint coating; Low application cost. The proposed method of protection of paint coating of bodies of vehicles recovered after an accident will reduce the risk of defects during operation, increase the service life of bodies, improve the quality of provided services for body repair at car service enterprises.

Keywords: car, car operation, body, technical condition, paint coating, hardness, defect.

Cite as: Khasanov, I.Н., Rassokha, V.I., Nevolin, D.G., (2019) [Analysis of protection methods of paint coating restored after repair of car body]. Intellekt. Innovatsi. Investitsii [Intellect. Innovation. Investments]. Vol.8, pp 145-152. DOI: 10.25198/2077-7175-2019-8-145.