https://doi.org/10.25198/2077-7175-2020-6-79

APOPHATIC INTEGRITY OF MAN AND CULTURE IN THE DIALOGUES OF NIKOLAI BAKHTIN

I. A. Apollonov1, I. A. Chistilina2

Kuban State Technological University, Krasnodar, Russia

1e-mail: obligo@yandex.ru

2e-mail: irina_chistilina@mail.ru

Abstract. The article discusses the dialogical foundations of a person’s personal self-identity in the space of culture on the example of N. M. Bakhtin.

The relevance of the work is associated with the increased relevance of the experience of live dialogue, which in modern information reality, on the one hand, appears as an opportunity for unprecedented self-expression and a space for communication and exchange of meanings, on the other hand, as a real danger of drowning in the cacaphony of discord and loss of oneself.

The purpose of the work is through a hermeneutic reading of the works of N.M. Bakhtin, to show that through dialogue a person’s personal identity is formed, through existential questioning: «Who am I?».

The authors use a hermeneutic approach to reading the philosophical works of N. M. Bakhtin, as well as a comparative analysis of his ideas and those of the leading philosophers of our time. However, the authors of the article not only analyze the similarity of N.M. Bakhtin with the main philosophies of postmodernism, but also insist on the pragmatic value of his works in themselves.

The authors come to the conclusion that the dialogues of Nikolai Mikhailovich Bakhtin are a wonderful example of the experience of dialogue, which takes on an existential dimension, addressing the very essence of human existence. Nikolai Bakhtin appears as a thinker striving for a living experience of philosophy, trying to find a way to a genuine person who collects and shapes himself into a simple and integral unity in the space of the true culture of a hierarchically ordered cosmos. Thanks to this, the tension of the dialogue keeps the vivid sounding of the word, ready to turn into a deed, and does not allow the voices of the interlocutors to fall into monologue one-sidedness, degenerate into artificial schemes that disidentify and enslave a person’s personal integrity.

Key words: personal identity, culture, dialogue, value, meaning, maieutics, deconstruction, apophatic holism, N. M. Bakhtin.

Acknowledgments. The article was prepared with the support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project 19-413-230020 r_a «Global, national and regional identity of the youth of the Kuban in the context of ideas about the future».

Cite as: Apollonov, I. A., Chistilina, I. A. (2020) [Apophatic integrity of man and culture in the dialogues of Nikolai Bakhtin]. Intellekt. Innovatsii. Investitsii [Intellect. Innovations. Investments]. Vol. 6, рр. 79–86. DOI: 10.25198/2077-7175-2020-6-79.